Monday, September 25, 2006

Toilet Terrors

We thought that we needed to write a blog about the toilets of Asia, just so you can apprieciate it and hopefully have a little giggle.

Toilet 001.
‘Alice and Wonderland’
In Cambodia, on one of the many car journeys we took, (this one I think was from Phnom Penh, to Sihanoukville) we had stopped at a restaurant to eat. I don’t know where we were but we were hungry & tired.
I went to the toilet. It was… small. The wall tiles were black & white, and I couldn’t stand up properly. I had to tilt my head! It felt like the scene in Alice and Wonderland where the room got smaller and smaller. When I came out of the toilet I went to look in the mirror and I couldn’t. All I could see was my neck down. It really helped my self confidence… Finally, as I crouched out of the toilet door a waiter walked past, looked at me with the tilted head and just simply stated, ‘Wow.’

Toilet 002.
‘Sandy Hole’
In Sihanoukville we had a lovely day at the beach. We found a bar upon which a northern English man owed. The toilet was at the back of the bar, it was basically a wooden shack. As you walked in, all it was was a hole in the floor, a car mirror and a bowl and jug of water, so, you can, erm… how do you put this politely? … look at your bum while cleaning! Ha ha.

Toilet 003.
‘Swipe to Wipe’
Before we got onto the night train to Na Trang, Dad & Joe went to the toilet. You had to pay 3000 dong. [V.Little] So, I suppose if you didn’t have cash you would have had to use your credit card!

Toilet 004.
‘Metallic Moony’
Now, this one was bad. I think we can all rate this one the worst of the bunch. On the train there was a wonderful toilet. Aluminium everywhere, a window, some toilet paper and a whole right in the middle. It’s alright for men! Except, they couldn’t have found it too easy as there was wee all over the floor, and I’m sure while travelliing by villages, people saw one or two bottoms…


Toilet 005.
‘Wishey Washy’
On another car journey Jo needed the loo so she hopped out in a village. It was apparently very dirty, with a hole in the floor, the usual jug and bowl of water & no where to wash your hands. Lovely.

Toilet 006.
‘Camellia Crap’
In our hotel in Hanoi, a lovely hotel, (well, bog standard…) our bathroom stinks. When you have a bath and remove the plug, the drain next to the toilet fills up and floods the toilet. Also, whenever you flush, the room smells of sewage. Once again, a lovely, lovely hotel.

Anna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home